If you made it this far, it is because you are familiar with SAP, as well as many of its features. But it is time to talk about one of the most essentials: SAP Basis.
So, What is SAP Basis? Here we explain it to you:
SAP Basis, stands for Business Application Software Integrated Solution.
It is a set of tools that act as a bridge between the operating system in which SAP is installed, and the communication protocols with the software. It also includes several commercial applications and the databases generated.
In addition to SAP Basis, it also includes other utilities of great interest for process management. We will talk about it below.
What are the objectives of SAP Basis?
With SAP Basis, some of the objectives achieved are:
- Configuration and installation of SAP applications and systems.
- Determination of errors and adjustments of SAP systems to obtain the best performance.
- Ensuring that the users of the SAP systems have the correct authorization rights.
- Execution and maintenance of background jobs.
- Restoring essential data and keep backups.
- SAP TMS configuration that is used to manage transports between SAP systems.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of devices.
- Other services like communication between databases, memory management, commercial data exchange, among others.
Basis features in SAP
The main characteristics of SAP Basis are the following:
- It is an integral ERP which means that the modules do not work separately.
- It is specifically aimed at SMEs.
- Integrate data and business processes.
- It hierarchizes the information and with different reporting options.
- You have the data available in real time at any time.
- Manage and plan your company’s resources for their best use.
- You can grow the ERP as much as you need it.
What are the tasks of a SAP Basis consultant?
A SAP Basis consultant is tasked with executing a broad overview of SAP.
For that to be possible, you must have a strong technical background. This includes UNIX, LINUX, Windows and Java …
You must have communication skills to act according to the demands of the client. Among the activities that must be carried out are:
- Monitoring of system tasks and performance.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of SAP systems.
- Database operations such as backup, scheduling, maintenance and restoration.
- Management and maintenance of SAP licenses.
- Server monitoring, background job scheduling, and job deletion.
- Creation of user profiles providing them with roles, blocking and unlocking of these roles.
- Maintenance of operating modes and profile.
- Installation of R / 3 components, Solution Manager, and NetWeaver.
- Installation of system updates, add-ons, and support patches.
- Start and interrupt the R / 3 system.
- Print spooler.
- Installation of the SAP R / 3 router.
- Operate, implement and debug SNOTE.
What value does ALL SET Consulting bring within SAP Basis?
At ALL SET Consulting, we have our SAP technology service, where we have an expert technical department in implementations and maintenance of SAP systems, both cloud and on-premise. Our experience in different projects at a functional and technical level, help us to quickly understand the needs of our clients, and how to solve them in the most efficient way.
Do not hesitate! Contact us, and we will be happy to help you.